Sunday, June 23, 2013

Scribble Roses


A few months ago I saw a good guide on Arty McGoo's blog on how to paint scribble roses onto royal icing coated cookies. I decided I had to try it and did so with pen and paper (well actually with a finger on a drawing app on my iPad).




They came out well, so I figured I'd try my hand at doing it on icing (fondant on a cake rather than royal icing on cookies). Not quite as good as my hand "drawn" ones, but not too bad and I think it makes a nice decoration for a simple summer cake.

On an unrelated note, I got a new app yesterday called "Over". It's one of the 10 apps that Apple picked to be part of the App Store 5 year anniversary celebration free app giveaway so I figured why not give it a try. It's quite good. It allows you to caption photos (hence the snazzy caption on the photo above). There's a fair amount of premium, in app purchase content, which annoys me generally (in all apps, not just this one) but isn't too intrusive and the features that are included are pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment