Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mince Pies

I somehow never published this post, even though I wrote it quite a while ago, oops!  Anyway, here are my very belated mini mince pies.



These miniature mince pies are as delicious as they are adorable (albeit, a bit rustic looking).  I found the recipe in one of Nigella Lawson's cookbooks, I believe it was in her new Christmas cookbook, but it might have been in How to Be a Domestic Goddess.  They both have mince pie recipes.  Anyway, the mincemeat is made with cranberries, which I love in almost anything, so it has a nice tartness along with the sweetness.  Plus, the cranberries give the mincemeat a lovely red color.  I found the dough (also from Nigella) a bit hard to work with, but it tasted wonderful, so it was worth it.

By the way, I tagged this as a dish involving 'fruit'.  I realize that might be a stretch as the fruit is stewed with sugar and liquor as does not really resemble its original form anymore, but too bad, it does have fruit in it, so it is getting that label!

No comments:

Post a Comment