Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flourless Apple Almond Cake

   

I found the recipe for this cake in Nigella Lawson's cookbook Feast.  There is a whole section with Passover recipes.  What I love about this cake is it is actually flourless.  I have found that many Passover cakes and cookies use matzo meal instead of flour, rather than going completely flourless.  This is inconvenient because I don't keep matzo meal in the house and because it doesn't tend to make a great cake.  Anyway, this cake, made ground ground almonds and applesauce, is deliciously moist and tasty.  In fact it is so tasty it would be a good cake to make anytime of the year (especially if you can't eat gluten).

P.S. I apologize for the bad picture, I completely forgot to take a photo before I cut it up last night, so I had to take one today with the leftovers.  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment