Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pumpkin Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce




I made this in lieu of pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving.  It tasted almost exactly like pumpkin pie filling but creamier.  Actually it really was like pumpkin pie filling but creamier...after all it was ice cream.  The chocolate sauce added a really nice touch.  The chocolate sauce accented the seasoned pumpkin ice cream...but then again I'm someone like me who thinks everything should have chocolate on it!

By the way, I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to post this, I know Thanksgiving was almost three weeks ago.  I have been writing papers and studying for exams.  I still have two exams left, but I will bake something this week and post it, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. M, that looks really good! Did you have to use an ice cream maker for this? I remember a while ago there was a tumbling toy that doubled as an ice cream maker, where after you put the ingredients in, you seal it and let the kids play with it to "tumble" the coldness into the cream, haha. Anyway, looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yes, I did have to use an ice cream maker...I have a nice, compact, free-standing one that works surprisingly well. And that is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete