Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Cookies

Last week I baked a ton of Christmas cookies to give as gifts (and to eat).  I will write more about each type of cookie and post photos of each later, but I have to go bake for my New Year's party, so I don't have time right now.

I baked 5 different types of cookies:

Cakey chocolate chip cookies--Yummy chocolate chip cookies that are cakey rather than gooey.  I've made these once before, but this time I made them miniature.

Chocolate brownies--I know these aren't technically cookies, but I cut them into small pieces, so that counts, right?

Cream cheese mints--This is my own recipe, I don't think I've posted it yet, I'll add it later.

Orange butter cookies--These are made with the same basic dough that I used for the almond cookies that I made for my cousin's bridal shower, except I used orange extract instead of almond extract, dyed them green instead of purple and shaped them like Christmas trees instead of flowers.

White chocolate, cranberry, pecan, oatmeal cookies--These were really excellent, the cranberries added a little tartness to the otherwise sweet cookies.

Stay tuned for photos and more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment