Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies a.k.a. Christmas Cookies, con't


Mini cookies
These are the chocolate chip cookies I mentioned in the Christmas cookies post.  I found the recipe in Martha Stewart's Cookies.  They have less butter and brown sugar than normal chocolate chip cookies, plus they have baking powder.  All together, this makes the cookies cakey and lighter than normal chocolate chip cookies.  I have to admit I really like the cakey-ness.  If I sound surprised, it's because I am.  I love a good old-fashioned gooey chocolate chip cookie, but I love these too.  The photo above shows the mini version of these cookies I made this Christmas.  The photo below shows the normal size ones I made over the summer.  (They are the same cookie, but more than twice the size and a little less puffy.)

Normal size cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment