Monday, March 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Nougat


When I saw that we were supposed to make nougat in class today, I was not thrilled. I had flashbacks to the disastrous petit four class in Level 2 when my partner and I ruined one batch of traditional nougat and made a second batch that was only just barely soft enough to be edible. I really didn't want to start Level 3 (today was my first class in Level 3, the last level, by the way) by making nougat that could be used as a hammer. Happily, this nougat was significantly easier to make and absolutely delicious!

The texture was somewhere between nougat and fudge and it tasted like the filling of a peanut butter cup. Once we coated them in chocolate they were even better--I mean, what doesn't chocolate make better?!

Nougat without the chocolate coating--not terribly pretty,
but absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment