Saturday, December 17, 2011

Nougat


Not my favorite to make or eat. It's a nightmare to make. My partner and I had to redo ours because we overcooked the honey mixture the first time. And you know what happened the second time? We overcooked it again. That's because you can take it off the heat a few degrees low, bring it over to your mixer, and, by the time you pour it out, it's far too hot. Oops. Overcooking the honey makes the nougat hard. That's a shame really, because had I managed to achieve a softer texture I may have liked it a bit more. Still though, it's a little too sweet for my taste and the nuts don't have quite enough flavor to cut through the sweetness (that's that not entirely this nougat, so much as all nougat). Ah well, it's good for me to have something that I don't want to eat a ton of. (I should point out that my mom and pops both really enjoyed it, too sweet or not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment