Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chocolate Mille Feuille


This was amazing! This is a classic napoleon with a chocolate twist. Instead of regular puff pastry, it's made with chocolate puff pastry. Instead of vanilla pastry cream, the filling is chocolate cream. The chocolate cream, by the way, is called crème d'or. It's made by folding melted chocolate into whipped cream. I've made that before, but I call it chocolate mousse (I do know that mousse traditionally has eggs, so I knew that this wasn't officially mousse, but it seemed like the best description, because it closely resembles the taste and texture of chocolate mousse,) but I digress. Instead of fondant with thin chocolate lines on top, we used chocolate ganache with thin white chocolate lines on top, reversing the traditional chevron pattern's colors. It was beautiful and delicious! This is one of my favorite things we've made all class, and definitely my favorite thing from the puff pastry unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment