Friday, October 28, 2011

Currant Scones


I really like scones but I'm not a huge fan of those with dried fruit, like currants. I have to say I was quite impressed by these. They were amazingly tender and flakey, to the point that they practically melt in your mouth. This wonderful inside is surrounded by a very, very thin crisp crust formed by the heavy cream and sugar that you put on before you bake them. The were so good, I didn't mind the currants at all. Plus the benefit of using dried fruit in them is that these keep much longer that if you use fresh (and pretty much indefinitely if you freeze them...then thaw them before eating, or just eat frozen, that's good too!) I do think I'd prefer them without fruit or perhaps with pieces of fresh fruit like strawberries, but that's not stopping me from snarfing down far too many of them the way they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment