Friday, January 25, 2013

Baked Brownies with No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream


Some of my favorite brownies are the Baked brownies (I think the recipe is in their first cookbook, Baked, but they have variations thereof in all of their books.) We had some bad news today (nothing terrible, but not great) and we decided we needed brownies--and people say I stress eat...humph. The Baked brownies are a relatively simple recipe, no mixer needed (meaning I can put all the equipment in the dishwasher rather than hand washing), and the recipe makes a 9x13in pan rather than a 9x9in pan (as with the recipes from my other favorite brownie brand, Fat Witch brownies). Regardless of my stress and need for an easy recipe, I love this recipe. They are chocolaty, gooey, and delicious!

I happened to have some no-churn coffee ice cream in the freezer. The recipe is from Nigella Lawson's newest cookbook, Nigellisma. It's simple and produces a surprisingly creamy, surprisingly ice cream-y result considering that you don't need an ice cream machine to make it. (And considering that I'm currently without an ice cream maker, that's great!) I'll discuss this recipe at greater length soon. The coffee ice cream was delicious on the warm, deeply chocolaty brownies. It was the perfect dessert after a stressful day. Of course it would be the perfect dessert after pretty much any day--you can't go wrong with brownies and ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment