Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chocolate Dipped Breadsticks


A few years ago Carluccio's, a restaurant chain in the UK, stopped selling chocolate dipped breadsticks. That was probably good since they were addictive and not exactly healthy. But I've always missed them and decided I had to try to recreate them. I suppose I could make homemade grissini (and I will try that some day) but for now I figured I'd purchase them. This was not as easy as I would have thought. I wanted plain grissini, no cheese, no cornmeal on the outside, no herbs, nothing. As it turns out, that's not so easy to find. Finally I did find some lovely, skinny, plain breadsticks. I tempered some bittersweet chocolate (61% dark chocolate if I remember correctly--I might have to get some cocoa butter, the chocolate was a bit thick) and dipped the breadsticks in the chocolate, leaving on a bit undipped on the end to hold it by. They were as good as I remember them! (I suppose you can't go wrong with bread dipped in chocolate, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment