Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sugar Cookies


I got a bunch of fun cookie cutters on sale a while back (including the champagne cutter and the apple/pumpkin cutter). I also got an ice cream cone and a cup cake cutter. I really like the idea of a cookie decorated to look like a cupcake. It's so cute!

These weren't too hard to decorate--two colors, two consistencies, two piping bags and one squeeze bottle (for the flood icing), and some sprinkles. The brown for the cone and the cupcake wrapper and the reddish-pink for outlining the shape of the cupcake top and the ice cream were both piping consistency, then I thinned the red to make a flood consistency to fill in the outlines. Before that dried, I sprinkled on some sprinkles. So simple, even for someone with a less than steady piping hand.

1 comment:

  1. The "ice cream" cookies look delicious... great way to bring a taste of summer into the cold winter months!

    ReplyDelete