Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Challah

Yum!
This challah is really nice, classic, slightly eggy, and beautiful. It can be done with any type of braid; we did a 4-strand braid, which I've never done before. It was quite easy and looks really nice! I used poppy seeds on top because I have a fond affection for poppy seed challah, but sesame seed or pearl sugar or just plain challah is nice too.

The whole loaf, hot out of the oven.
One of my classmates was absent and her partner didn't want their leftover dough, so she kindly gave it to me. It was quite over-proofed by the time I got it home, but I used it anyway. The rolls I made weren't perfect--they had too thick a crust and too airy. Ah well, they still tasted nice; though not nearly as nice as the loaf I made in class.

Challah rolls: not perfect, but pretty darn good--and just plain pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment