Monday, November 1, 2010

White Chocolate Covered Apricots

    

These were really very nice.  Overall I'm not a white chocolate fan (I like it, I just don't love it the same way I love dark chocolate) but I thought the sweetness would pair nicely with the tartness of the dried apricots.  I was right!

These were incredibly easy to make.  I melted a small amount of white chocolate (in the microwave, checking every 20 seconds or so).  Then I dipped the apricots in the chocolate taking care to not make the chocolate too thick (but still trying to coat them fully).  I didn't feel like dealing with coating the whole apricot, but instead just coated about 2/3-3/4 of them so I could hold them and dip without getting too messy.  I let them harden on a Silpat, but parchment paper would work just as well.

The white chocolate didn't harden terribly well, so I ended up getting impatient and putting them in the fridge.  It worked!  (And didn't even make them streaky like it can do with untempered dark chocolate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment