Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Two Berry Chess Pie

When I saw Paula Deen, she was signing cookbooks.  So I bought a cookbook for her to sign.  This recipe is from it.  I've only ever made one of Paula's recipes (her Dummy Fudge) and it came out well, but, as much as I love Paula, I was a little hesitant.  I shouldn't have been.  It was simple to make and absolutely amazing!!!!

It was quite a straight forward recipe.  I made a graham cracker crust (but I think Paula uses a store bought one), made the very simple custard filling (which doesn't involve cooking, since it gets baked), and baked it.  Then after it was cool (well luke warm, I was impatient) I topped it with berries and a glaze made from melted apricot jam (Paula adds liquor to it, but all I have is Frangelico, which wouldn't have worked well, so I left it out).  It's supposed to be fully cooled before you eat it but I didn't want to wait (nor did my mom or pops).  It was great!  I can't wait to taste it cold.  When I do (probably tomorrow night for dessert, if I can wait that long) I'll let you know how it is.  I'll post a photo then, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment