Friday, December 23, 2011

Peppermint Bark


Have you ever had the Williams-Sanoma peppermint bark? It's incredible, right? Well this was pretty darn close to that! I made it with good quality bittersweet and white chocolate. In a nutshell, I spread a thin layer of dark chocolate on a silpat and let it set. Then I flavored melted white chocolate with peppermint extract, spread it on top of the dark chocolate, and, while it was still tacky, sprinkled crushed up peppermint candy on top. Quite easy actually.

Ideally I should have tempered the chocolate to give it more snap and shine (and to help it set up faster) but I haven't learned that in school yet and chocolate is too expensive for me to experiment with. Ah well, it was excellent and will be more excellent next year when I do know how to temper chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment