Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pate de Fruit


These are surprisingly good! I say "surprisingly" good because I'm not usually a fruit jelly fan, but these aren't like typical fruit jellies. They are less jello-y and more melt-in-your-mouth-y. These are raspberry flavored and there is something really delicious about the tartness of the raspberries paired with the sweetness of the sugar in the recipe. Once they are cut into shapes (my partner and I chose triangles, but squares or circles or really any small shape works) you toss them in sugar. Yum, yum.

They are not too hard to make, but they do have ingredients that are seldom found in a home kitchen, so I doubt I'll make them outside of school. At least it makes such a large batch that I'll have pate de fruit for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment