Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cookie Plates


I made a few cookie plates as gifts this year. They were really quite nice, if I do say so myself. They had brownies (the same cocoa brownies I made for the cookie plates last year), my own recipe chocolate chip cookies, cream cheese mints (see recipe here), gingerbread cookies with Meyer lemon glaze, and rum raisin cookies (the same ones we made in class). I wasn't a fan of the gingerbread cookies, they were too ginger-y not cinnamon-y enough, but I loved the glaze with them. I got the idea for that flavor combo from Nigella Lawson's, who does proper gingerbread (cake, not cookies) with a lemon glaze. I cut these into isosceles triangles and drizzled them with the glaze to look like garland on a tree.

Wouldn't you love to get a gift like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment