Thursday, December 22, 2011

Meringue Nests

An adorable leafy nest that, once filled with lemon curd,
will look somewhat like a sunflower.
These little Vacherin meringue nests were delicious on their own and so simple (though not necessarily easy) to make. The meringue isn't hard to make but (at least for me) is difficult to pipe. I don't have the steadiest hand and I have terrible hand eye coordination (to the point of I see where my hand needs to go to make the shape I want, but I don't quite do it right) so it's really hard for me to pipe these small nests so that they look elegant. But I managed and I think that mine actually came out pretty well! We baked them at a very low heat for quite a while to dry them out. They are really quite nice plain (they taste like nicely dried meringue), which is good considering we didn't fill the in class. I have people coming over in the next few days because of the holidays, so I'll make something (probably lemon curd) to fill them with and then serve these. Stay tuned!

Seasonal shapes:
snowpeople, trees, and a lollypop

No comments:

Post a Comment