Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Christmas Cake


Whoops, as with the Christmas candy, I completely forgot to post the rest of the photos of the Christmas cake I made last year. I made the same chocolate and orange cake I'd done the year before (since it was a hit) and kept the marzipan decorations because the family loves marzipan. I wanted to do something different for the decorations. After much Pinterest searching, I decided to use quilled snowflakes as decoration.


Quilling is a technique where one curls paper to make lovely spirals and, with glue, pieces them together to make intricate shapes. Obviously I used marzipan rather than paper, which rather cut down on how intricate I could make the designs. But I think I managed to capture the spirit well enough. It's a remarkably simple and, I think, a very effective decorating technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment