Saturday, May 3, 2014

Brownie Bites


Have you ever had 'two bite brownies'? I love them! Admittedly they aren't the best brownies in the world (they are quite good...but they are still store-bought). But the size is perfect, as is the fudgy texture. I've been trying to recreate them with a better brownie, however I've had trouble with the texture for that size. Of course I've tried to recreate them with good but not great brownie recipes (remember the great brownie showdown? I like all these recipes, but I've found better ones since.)


Of course I'd never tried it with the Baked Brownies. I love the brownies at their bakery and the recipe in their cookbook is spot on. (Admittedly I use a slightly different mixing technique, but that's because I'm lazy not because their way doesn't work.) Finally I decided it would be a good idea to use my nice parchment mini muffin wrappers and make mini Baked Brownies. The great thing about the wrappers, is they slip off the food so easily (almost like waxed paper) without food sticking to them--and you don't want to waste brownie!


These were perfect! I might bake them a minute less next time, but I might not. They tasted just as they should (richly chocolaty) and the texture, while slightly less fudgy than I would have liked, was still brilliant and not too cakey at all--like I said, a minute less next time...that should fix the texture. And really, how can you complain about bite size brownies?!

No comments:

Post a Comment