Sunday, May 22, 2011

Apocalypse Not

Today is May 22, 2011.  As I'm sure you have gathered, the world did not come to an end yesterday.  Perhaps I shouldn't have eaten an entire tray of brownies...  No, just kidding, I didn't really eat all the brownies I made, though had yesterday really been my last day I would have regretted not finishing them off.  Of course that's all assuming I was one of the elect who gets vacuumed up into Heaven.  God knows, I probably wouldn't have been one (I've mocked the whole idea of yesterday being judgement day far too much for Him to chose me!)  Anyway, if they had been right and I wasn't sucked up into Heaven, you know what I'd be doing right now?  Eating!  I'd be eating for the next five months.  You'd better believe that if we all really did only have five months until (as either CNN or USA Today put it) "the world goes kaput" I would spend as much of that time as possible eating.  I figure there would be no point in worrying about hardened arteries or high cholesterol or becoming morbidly obese.  Alas, the apocalypse does not seem to be upon us.  It is not the end of days; so, unfortunately, it is not the end of diets!

I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about those brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment