Thursday, August 23, 2012

Carrot Muffins

These are more along the lines of zucchini bread (except with carrot, obviously, and a ton of cinnamon) than carrot cake. They were quite nice although a little too healthy seeming for my taste! The recipe is from the Williams Sonoma Muffins cookbook, which has a whole section devoted to vegetable muffins. I do think the reason this came across as too healthy is because it is a sweet muffin--their shallot muffins (which I hope to make soon) seem to be a savory muffin, which I think tends to be a better way to go if you are adding veggies to baked goods. Regardless, these were good and, while not healthy by any means, were healthier than many muffins and still satisfied my sweet tooth. All in all a success, though I don't think I'll bother with them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment