Friday, August 3, 2012

Peach Icebox Pie

An individual serving of peach icebox pie.
The other day I had a slice of peach jamboree (or something of that nature) at Magnolia Bakery. It was very good and I was disappointed to see that I didn't have a recipe for it in my Magnolia Bakery cookbook--either it's in one of their other books or they decided not to tell the public how to make this one. I decided that I really did want to make it, so I worked from memory and recreated it. I don't actually think I was terribly accurate, but that's alright I love my version anyway. It's sort of a cross between cheesecake and a peach pie--what could be bad about that?!

Basically, I made a graham cracker crust, a creamy cheese filling, and a peach topping. Technically this isn't an icebox pie, as I chilled it in the refrigerator rather than freezing it. I had extra crust and filling so I made little individual pies in ramekins. They were a perfect serving size for one person but I thought the crust to filling ratio was a bit off--I prefer more crust than you get in a ramekin since you can only line the bottom.

It was easy and only the crust required baking, which was nice on a hot summer night like tonight. I wrote down approximately what I did, so I'll type it up and give you all the recipe for my peach icebox pie soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment