Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jacques Torres' Chocolate Chip Cookies


I have the recipe for Jacques Torres' chocolate chip cookies in three or four cookbooks (and, according to Chef Jacques himself, it is readily available online). I've been wanting to make these for quite a while, but in the end I always settle on something more exotic than a chocolate chip cookie--which is pretty much everything. Well today I finally decided to make them and boy was that a good idea! They are wonderfully sweet and absurdly chocolaty. The texture is almost perfect (although I think mine came out a bit cakier than they should have done, but never mind). The one problem is that the recipe makes an obscene amount of cookies if you make them on the small side. Not that there is anything wrong with having obscene amounts of cookies, but I think I'll be halving the recipe in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment