Monday, July 16, 2012

Nutella Scones

Sorry the photo isn't great. I was far too eager to eat the scones
to take a good picture!
These were really, really good. You can find the recipe in the breakfast section of one of the Baked cookbooks. Now I like dessert for breakfast as much as the next guy, but this may be a bit much. These are not a traditional, semi-savory scone; these are Nutella in a more portable form. I'm not saying that's bad, I'm just stating a fact.

I made these late at night and, oops, messed up the recipe a bit. I was supposed to add a portion of the Nutella to the dough and reserve a portion to make a glaze. I didn't reserve any. It made the dough really sticky and difficult to deal with, but I have to admit, the final product was great! Since I used extra Nutella in the scones, I didn't bother doing the glaze. I think I'll have to try making these the proper way, so that I can let y'all know how the actual recipe is. I'm only doing it for you--I wouldn't want to have to eat more Nutella scones, no matter how delicious they are! The things I do for my readers...wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment