Sunday, July 29, 2012

BLT

Who doesn't love a BLT?
This isn't dessert, nor is it the most impressive thing I've ever made, but it's a perfect Sunday afternoon lunch or even a weeknight dinner. It's a pretty traditional BLT made with, you guessed it, bacon, lettuce, and tomato. I used New York rye bread, because that's what I had at home. It's very good with rye, but a nice brioche would be good too. I spread mayo on one slice of bread and blue cheese on the other. Then stack on the boston butter lettuce (I used shredded lettuces that was left over from making tacos last night, but you could use whole leaf), thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes, and crispy slices of uncured chipotle bacon. That's it! Simple and delicious.

A note on the bacon: I typically get uncured, natural applewood or maple bacon, but I saw the chipotle and thought that sounded too good not to try. It really is excellent and I recommend it if you can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment