Thursday, April 10, 2014

Paris, Part 1


J'adore Paris. Seriously, it's my favorite city! Well, actually it's not my favorite. It's tied with New York City for favorite (and I do love London...) But it's defintely my favorite city I've never lived in! There's something about it that is just amazing. Of course more than the feel of the city, there's the food! So when I went to Paris for two nights, I pretty much ate my way through the city. I forgot to take photos of everything--I was much too distracted by actually eating it--but I got some of the deliciousness and here it is:

 

The Eric Kayser Artisan Boulangerie is a chain around Paris, but you'd certainly think it was just a local place if you happened upon it (as we did.) The service and quality is what you'd expect of a local boulangerie (and not the stereotypical rude Parisian bakery--because Parisians generally are very nice people). The location we found was behind the Musée d'Orsay, and we went back more than once!


With desserts that look like that, can you blame us?!


I mean seriously, look at that raspberry financier! Gorgious! (And as delicious as it looks, with its tender, moist, almond cake and fresh raspberries nestled in the center.)


Of course their artichoke quiche with giant pieces of artichoke was enough to make me go back.


But we did want to try other food. So when we happened upon this cafe/restaurant inside the recently restored upper gallery of the Musée d'Orsay, how could we resist?


It was just too beautiful not to stop and sit. And the food was nice. (Horribly overpriced, but nice.) The eclair trio was yummy--I especially liked the paris-brest flavored one (the one on the right); it was praline with little crunchy bits on top--and the rich hot chocolate was pretty darn amazing!


Of course the food could have been terrible and I still would have been glad I ate there, the view through the newly revealed and restored clockface was spectular! You could see all the way to the Sacre Coeur!

There's more food, but you'll just have to wait, because I'm tired and going to bed. Bon nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment