Sunday, April 6, 2014

Chocolate Pudding Cake


This was another pre-Passover experiment in flourless chocolate cake baking. (I should point out that I have quite a few more traditional flourless chocolate cake recipes that I know work, but I've made most or all of them for my family at some point and I really want to try something new for the holiday.)

Unfortunately, this didn't work quite right. It was nearly impossible to de-pan, even in a properly prepared springform pan. Part of the problem was that the water from the bain marie leaked through to the pan even though I wrapped it in two layers of foil.

That said, it really didn't matter. The cake was delicious and the texture was appropriately pudding-y for a cake that is called a "pudding cake". It was rich and dense and deeply chocolately. It was delicious! Especially served with a scoop of good quality vanilla ice cream. Or on its own. You don't really need it to slice cleanly or come out of the pan neatly to devour it. Mr. I-don't-really-like-chocolate (aka Pops) even liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment