Sunday, March 23, 2014

Homemade Granola


Alices Tea Cup makes incredible homemade granola and the recipe is in their cookbook. I think there's something funky with the recipe as scaled down to home cook sizes, so I've tweaked it here and there and changed the baking method a bit. Overall though, it captures the spirit of their delicious, honey sweetened, oatty and nutty granola.

I've started expirmenting with different nuts and fruits. I think I still like their combo the most, but cashews and cranberries are a nice change. Additionally I've fiddled with different varieties of honey. I like it with a light honey the most, but a nice, strong clover honey is really very nice.

It's delicious on its own as a snack or with milk, although my personal favorite is eating it with some plain yogurt (greek or normal). It's nice having a homemade breakfast that you don't have to fiddle with in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment