Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Croissant Bread Pudding


I got tickets to Richard III with Martin Freeman! The problem is, the normal tickets are expensive. So I waited on line (with a friend, thank goodness) from an absurdly early hour for reduced price advance tickets. Long wait short, we got great seats for about 1/4 of the price! I mention this because it (plus the day trip we'd taken the day before...whoops, bad planning) is the reason that I have terrible photos of my croissant bread pudding.

My friend stayed over the night before (since we'd taken a day trip to Cardiff that day and then had to be at the box office so early we figured it was silly to go to seperate places after Cardiff and then meet up mere hours later.) So I made croissant bread pudding--I figured it'd be a nice dessert that could practically double as breakfast!

I had left over croissants (long story). I cut them in half and soaked them in a casserole dish and soaked them in a nice eggy, milky, creamy, sugary custard. I sprinkled sugar on top and baked it until it was lovely and golden and puffy. Yum!


Of course I was tired from the day trip and knew I had to get up absurdly early, so there are these two terrible photos, and that's it. So here's a lovely picture of Big Ben (from Trafalgar Square) at 6ish in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment