Friday, November 21, 2014

British Birthday Cake


Since I recently posted my aunt's old birthday cake I thought I'd put this on as well. I have a close family friend exactly 10 years younger than me. She's very sophisticated for her age so I made her this elegant (but still a little bit girly) cake for her 14th birthday. It's white cake with two layers of raspberry buttercream and one of chocolate; she's not quite as much of a chocolate fan as I am, so I limited the chocolate. It's topped with lovely shell pink fondant and a scalloped chocolate fondant polka dot border (it worked so well on the anniversary cake I made, after all.) It's pretty, I think. And she enjoyed it.

By the way I call this a British birthday cake because it's very common to use fondant on birthday cakes in England, unlike the traditional buttercream cakes we tend to consume in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment