Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Desserts




Devil's Food Pumpkins:  These are what I mentioned last night.  I was going to ice them, but unfortunately I ran out of time.  They still tasted amazing and looked good, and no one seemed to mind that they were plain.

Pumpkin Bundt Cake:  This tastes like the filling of a pumpkin pie...probably because it is made with pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.  Also, there is some flour, a couple of eggs and a bit of sunflower oil, but that really isn't what gives it its flavor.  It was also much better than pumpkin pie because it was not pie, it's cake.  (I like pie, but it isn't my favorite.)  When I say it's cake, that doesn't do it justice - it is moist and soft and absolutely delicious.  By the way, this recipe is from a cookbook of mine, Dessert University by Roland Mesnier with Lauren Chattman, that I bought this summer and have barely used, so I'm very excited that I got to make this.  One last thing, I forgot to take a photo of this before I cut it up...the slices look good but it did look a little nicer as a whole cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment