Thursday, August 22, 2013

Savory Onion Tart, the remake


Remember this? I first made this in culinary school and loved it so much I made it at home a couple times. One of those times happened to be for Sophie. That may have been a mistake. Ever since, she's been asking (nagging...begging...) me to make it again. If you don't remember it, basically it's a flakey, tender, buttery tart crust topped with sauteed onions, heirloom tomatoes, walnuts, and stilton.



Since I was staying with her and her folks and she'd made such lovely dinners I made this (along with some lovely fillet mignon) for her and her father. That was the whole dinner: two lovely, 8-in, onion, walnut, stilton, tomato tarts and three perfectly marinated (thanks to Sophie) steaks plus the best wine I've ever drunk (thanks to Sophie's dad). If that wasn't great enough we also had a brilliant dessert (if I do say so myself) and an absolutely amazing dessert wine (thanks both to Sophie and her dad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment