Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sophie's Famous Lemon Pasta with Caviar


Alright, maybe it's not famous. But it should be. Whenever I have dinner a my friend Sophie's house, I request this dish. Happily for me, I'm staying with her for the next three weeks, so I bet I can convince her to make it again before I leave.

This dish is actually quite simple and perhaps I should start making it for myself, but I think half the fun of it is that it's something I only get on special occasions with Sophie (of course the other half is that it's caviar on pasta!)



Basically this pasta is angle hair pasta, cooked al dente, and dressed with melted butter and lemon juice that have been whisked together into a simple sauce. This is served with lemon zest and (the exciting bit) salmon roe caviar! The zingy lemon and the almost sweet butter on the light pasta is delicious on it's own. Add in the little pearls of salty, fishy (but not too fishy) goodness and the dish is out of this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment