Thursday, December 12, 2013

Peppermint Brownies


Remember the Baked brownies? These are them, but with about two tablespoons of peppermint extract added to the batter. They were just like the usual Baked brownies--fudgy, rich, dense, chocolaty, and delicious--but with a rich yet subtle minty undertone.



I would imagine people who don't like peppermint would not like these brownies at all, as the peppermint, while subtle, was certainly noticeable. Happily people who do like peppermint love these! And I'm not just talking about me and my family. I brought in a tray for my classmates (it was the last seminar of term, so it seemed properly celebratory to bring in festive, pepperminty brownies) and received rave reviews. Some of the highlights were, "I meant to only eat one and I've had five," "remind me why you don't do this for a living?" and my personal favorite, "these brownies are orgasmic!" I think "orgasmic" may be the highest praise I've ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment