Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


We had family friends visiting us yesterday and both of their daughters like baking--well one really likes baking, the other likes baking but prefers eating the baked goods. I decided that I didn't really want to use my mixer or generally do anything too elaborate or messy (I guessed that clean up wouldn't be the girls' idea of fun and I didn't want to have a hard clean up on my own.) I've made brownies with them before so, while everyone likes brownies, I thought something new would be more fun. I decided on chocolate chip cookies from Nigella Kitchen. They used melted butter instead of creamed butter so they are quicker to make and have an easier clean up.

I've made these before but I hadn't remembered how nice they are. They are very chewy without being gooey and have a lovely mild flavor. Plus they are packed with chocolate! And the recipe is so simple. I am going to try to adapt this technique to my cookie recipe (with darker brown sugar and cocoa). I can't wait. Luckily I have these cookies to tide me over!

No comments:

Post a Comment