Thursday, January 16, 2014

Gluten-Free Chocolate Orange Almond Cake


This is the same cake as the cake I made both this Christmas and last Christmas but with leavening. Last Christmas I made the same cake without baking powder because I didn't have gluten-free baking power. This year I do have it so I figured I'd give the leavened version a shot on Dec 23, in case it was better than the unleavened version. As a plain, unadorned cake I like it like this (probably more than the unleavened one). It looks lovely with the raised edges and it's a little damper. But the unleavened version is definitely better to decorate because it the top is pretty flat (instead of the raised edges and sunken center).

I had some left over candied cirus peel from the chocolate bark, so I just sprinkled some on top of the cake and served it without any further decoration. It was lovely...simple, delicious, perfect for a Christmas Eve Eve treat! (By the way, sorry this is so late. But there will be more Christmas-related posts that will be much later, so get used to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment