Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chocolate Bark


As I mentioned, I made chocolates for Christmas. One of my favorite yuletide chocolates is the mendiant--a chocolate disk it the dried fruit and nuts. But these are time consuming. And chocolate bark is basically the same thing, but easier to make. So tempered some high quality dark chocolate and white chocolate and got to work.


I topped the dark chocolate with chopped, toasted hazelnuts and pieces of candied citrus peel. The white chocolate was topped with toasted coconut, pistachios, and dried cranberries. Both of them were excellent. In fact I rather surprised myself with how much I liked the white chocolate bark--the sophisticate flavors made up for the fact that it was white, not dark, chocolate. Of course nothing really beats dark chocolate, orange, and hazelnut. Anyway more on the other chocolates to follow, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment