Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jalapeño

I ate dessert out tonight.  It was very nice.  We tried a new Mexican restaurant (new as in opened recently and new as in we've never been there) called Jalapeño.  The food was excellent.  It wasn't quite Mexican, it was sort of New Mexican...in other words it definitely wasn't traditional Mexican and was actually a tiny bit fancy.

I had a chicken mole burrito which was excellent.  But that isn't what I want to talk about.  I want to tell you about the dessert I had.  I had the Mexican hot chocolate and a doughnut.  The hot chocolate wasn't chocolatey enough but was still very nice.  It was clearly made fresh, and not just heated in the microwave. It was definitely made in a pan; you could taste the sweetness of the scalded milk.  The doughnut was amazing. The menu said it was a cinnamon sugar doughnut, but I barely tasted cinnamon (though that could be because I'd already burnt my tongue on the hot chocolate.)  I didn't mind though...it was light and not at all greasy and really big! Plus it was coated in sugar...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment