Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Brownies

As I alluded to, I may have found my new favorite brownies.  My old favorite being from Nigella Lawson's cookbook Feast, you can read about them here.  I never thought I'd find brownies I liked more than those squidgy, rich, intensely chocolatey brownies.  Yet, Nigella seems to have topped herself!  In her newest cookbook, Nigella Kitchen, she has a new brownie recipe.  It is really simple and incredible!

She calls for 6 oz of milk chocolate...I didn't have that, so I used the 2 oz I did have and then 2 oz of good white chocolate and 2 oz of semi-sweet.  It worked very nicely.  Plus, there's a ton of cocoa powder in them too, so they are not lacking in chocolate!  Nigella says to line a brownie pan with foil to make serving and clean up easier.  It certainly does!  I've always used parchment to line pans, but the foil is much easier to work with, albeit a little harder to serve from (but not hard by any means).

The reason I like these more is that they are slightly more brownie-like.  What I mean is the texture is more fudgy and dense than squidgy.  Not that squidgy isn't good--it's great--it just isn't quite what you expect from a brownie.  Plus these are really, really simple to make.  I don't mind complex recipes usually, but there is something so therapeutic about eating brownies, I don't see why that shouldn't extend to the baking of them and the simpler them more therapeutic I find a recipe!

P.S. I promise I'll post a photo soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment