Sunday, September 26, 2010

Triple Chocolate Brownies

As I mentioned last night, I made what may just be the best brownies ever.  They are the Snow-Flecked Brownies from the cookbook Nigella Feasts, with a slight alteration to make them the Triple Chocolate Brownies from the cooking show Nigella Feasts.

They are amazing!  The batter has a rather obscene amount of butter and bittersweet chocolate in it.  Mix in sugar, a half a dozen eggs, vanilla, flour and the other two chocolates (semi-sweet and white chocolate chips).  Simple and delicious.  By the way, I'm not a white chocolate fan, but I have to say, I love it in these.  It adds a wonderful sweet almost vanilla-y flavor.  Yum.

What is incredible is that the brownies aren't so much fudgy as they are squidgy (yes, I know that isn't a real word, but it works so well here).  The texture is great, the taste is superb.  Honestly, they really are the best brownies ever.  That said the Roland Mesnier ones still might be my favorite because they are not quite as addictive and are healthier (both lower cal and much lower cholesterol).  But this is brownies we are talking about, so health is not really not what I'm aiming for!

P.S. I'll post a photo soon, but I don't like the ones I took last night and I haven't taken more yet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment