Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Favorite Cheesecake

   
No, unfortunately it isn't a cheesecake that I make.  It is the cheesecake at Cafe Fiorello in NYC.

As you may have gathered, I didn't bake tonight.  We decided to go out to break our fast and we split a very large slice of this amazing cheesecake, so I thought it would be a good idea to hold off on baking.  In lieu of telling you about the muffins that I have yet to make, I figured I'd tell you about the dessert I ate instead.

As I mentioned, this is darn good cheesecake.  It is creamy and moist but still dense (in a good, cheesecake-y way).  It is sweet but not sickeningly so.  It is topped with fresh strawberries that are lightly coated in a nice glaze (not like the thick red glazes that are typical on cheesecakes with berries) and fresh, unsweetened whipped cream.  Finally, they pour hot chocolate sauce over it at the table.  And they aren't stingy with the sauce, in fact the plate was entirely flooded, with the sauce which was also drizzled on top of the cake.  Oh my god it is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment