Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Favorite Chocolate Brownies


These are the bestest brownies ever!  Seriously.  They are from Roland Mesnier's cookbook Dessert University.  What I like about them is that you can make them cake-y or fudge-y.  I personally lean towards the latter, but I have to say with these, either way is excellent.  I did tweak the recipe slightly: I use chocolate chips instead of nuts, because I don't like nutty brownies as much.  Sometimes I do leave out the chocolate chips (and nuts) altogether.  I know this sounds silly, but it does make them marginally lower calorie so I can eat them without feeling too guilty.

What is particularly great about these brownies is they freeze really well.  I cut them into small squares and wrap them in foil or plastic wrap.  They keep for ages (I have yet to figure out how long...I eat all of them well before they have time to go bad!)  I usually eat them frozen, they taste amazing like that and the texture is really nice, but they defrost quickly and nicely, too.

Oh, by the way, Roland Mesnier's recipe calls for a chocolate glaze on top of the brownies, which I have never done, but which sounds absolutely amazing.  I'll let you know if I try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment