Thursday, June 7, 2012

Final Exam, Day 1

My pastillage candy canes
The first hour and a half of the first day of the final exam is devoted to the written exam. After that we start our practical exam. I made my peanut butter nougat so that it can dry out enough that I can cut it and cover it. I also rolled out my pastillage base and decorations--there are a lot! I really don't like working with pastillage, but I'm steering clear of sugar because I'm worried it'll crystalize given the humidity and rain in the forecast. I'm a bit annoyed with my nougat, it's ever so slightly grainy--it tastes great though so I guess I'll have to be okay with it.

Today actually went pretty well. I had an extra half hour because I finished the written section early, so I had time to make the pate sucree for my tartlets (I'd been planing to do it next class.)

I think today was a pretty good start to the final exam and I hope the rest of the exam goes this well.
My peanut butter nougat 

No comments:

Post a Comment