Thursday, December 30, 2010

Coconut Almond Macaroons

Another Christmas cookie.  These are almost like the coconut macaroons I make normally, but with a bit less sugar and some almond extract.  They don't taste too almondy, just a hint of almond comes through.  I personally don't like my macaroons to be too sweet, so I cut way back on the sugar.  (Well, I also cut back on the sugar because I use sweetened coconut, which I think is almost enough sweetness.)

Very soon I'm going to make them with chocolate drizzled on them or perhaps chocolate chips mixed in.  When I do, I'll post the whole recipe, because by then I'll have perfected it.

P.S. No photo for these either, because they look just like the other coconut macaroons I made, and you can see them on the cookie plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment