Friday, December 31, 2010

Bourbon Currant Cookies

  

Yet another cookie for my Christmas cookie plate.  I really wanted to make something bourbon, but I didn't want a bourbon ball.  So I looked at the indices of a couple cook books and I found these in Martha Stewart's Cookies.  They seemed Christmasy enough and I really like that cookbook, so I didn't mind that I was trying a new recipe in a bit of a time crunch (I had to finish all the plates by Christmas day, and I was making these on the afternoon of the 24th.)

They were very, very good.  However, I think 'cookie' may be a bit misleading.  They were cookies, don't get me wrong, but the dough, the taste, and (to some extent) the texture, were scone-like.  That isn't a complaint, mind you, just an observation.  They were excellent...almost like a boozy scone crossed with a nice butter cookie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment