Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

I did something insane this year.  I talked my mom into decorating our 8-foot Christmas tree/Chanukah bush with cookies instead of real ornaments.  This entailed making an insane amount of cookie ornaments. It took a LONG time.  But it was worth it...the tree looks amazing!

I'll put up individual posts about the different cookies I made, but here's an overview:

I made gingerbread snow flakes (with the coolest cookie cutters ever).  Some with royal icing, some without.  And hung them with cream ribbon.  I also made sugar cookies in ornament shapes with 'stained glass windows' (with the second coolest cookie cutters ever).  I used green and red candy to make nice christmasy windows.  I hung them on deep brown ribbon to contrast with light cookie (and with the dark gingerbread/cream ribbon ornaments).

I'll post more about the cookies and photos of the tree soon, but I'm tired tonight, so you'll just have to wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment