Thursday, December 23, 2010

Chocolate Pecan Pie

  
You can actually see the chunks of chocolate and pecans!  (Not to mention, the rich dark chocolaty center...yummy!)

I actually made this for Thanksgiving.  It was VERY good.  If you don't mind (well, even if you do, I suppose) I'm not going to say too much about it, since it's been so long since I made it.

The recipe is from the cookbook Death By Chocolate, so, as one can imagine it was very chocolaty.  The pie crust dough was easy to make and even easier to work with.  The only problem it made too much of the filling and then the filling that did fit in the pie shell puffed up insanely in the oven.  It wasn't supposed to look like a quasi-souffle, but it tasted wonderful, so who cares!

Oh, by the way, I was able to make it the day before and let it chill overnight (which the recipe recommended) so I didn't have to worry about using the oven on Thanksgiving day, which was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment